Millions of Americans avoid going to the dentist each year. This isn’t only due to expensive and unaffordable dental care, but dental anxiety and fear.
In fact, it’s dental fear that compels 75 million people in the United States to avoid the dentist.
This fear is very common. If you suffer from this, it’s probable because you may have suffered a traumatic dental experience as a child or an adult.
Undergo Any Dental Procedure Free Of Fear with Sedation Dentistry
With the help of medication, sedation dentistry enables patients to relax during any dental procedure. Sometimes, sedation dentistry is referred as ‘sleep dentistry’, although this is incorrect as patients are usually awake during their procedure (excepting general anesthesia).
Levels of sedation are:
This is when you’re completely awake, but in a relaxed state of mind.
Known formerly as ‘conscious sedation’, this is where you may not remember much of the dental procedure.
This is when your mind will be on the edge of consciousness but you can still be awakened during the procedure.
This is when you’re completely unconscious. It takes some time to awaken after being administered general anesthesia.
Sedation Dentistry Available At Smile Magic Dentistry!
Not overlooking the many benefits of sedation dentistry for patients, we at Smile Magic Dentistry are qualified and certified to use different sedation dentistry methods before any dental procedure.
Striving to bring our patients a comfortable and relaxed environment, we can bring ease with conscious sedations that:
- Lessen or eliminate awareness of the sights, sounds and sensations from the procedure and clinic
- Induce a restful and relaxed state during any dental procedure
Who should consider sedation dentistry?
According to Dr. Nazir, patients who:
- Are mentally or physically disabled
- Have dental fear, anxiety or phobias
- Want to undergo many dental procedures in one extended appointment
No Body Does It Better Than Smile Magic Dentistry
Our sedation dentistry services offer all levels of sedation so that different types of procedures and patients are included. We offer:
- Intravenous Sedation – A conscious sedation
- Oral Conscious Sedation – This is taken in pill form. This type of sedation helps patients to relax.
- Nitrous Oxide Sedation – This is also known as laughing gas. Nitrous gas is inhaled through a mask and helps with patient comfort.
Having fear of the dental clinic is no excuse anymore. Since your teeth and gums are an important part of your healthy lifestyle, taking care of them is imperative to your overall health. Get a consultation today.