Facts about Sedation Dentistry
- It works!
- It is safe! You take a small pill prior to your dental treatment and/or you have no needles in your mouth until you are totally relaxed and unaware.
- You will have little or no memory of the experience and you will not remember any sounds or smells.
- You can be kept comfortable from 2 – 6 hours after commencing treatment.
- Work requiring 6 to 8 regular dental appointments can usually be done in 1 or 2 visits with sedation dentistry.
- People who have difficulty getting numb have no problem when relaxed and sedated.
- We do all this with just a pill or laughing gas or a safe, intravenous medication which is a safe, non-narcotic medication.
- These techniques are used to treat phobic patients safely thousands of times per year in dental offices across the country.